An afternoon at the Derby!

Yooooooo! Me went to the Bangalore Derby :-D

A diff experience ... quite diff from what I thot it would be...  I was expecting to see a few scantily dressed ladies in all kinda funny hats (You know what am talking of don u)... But but was I surprised! Who do u think swarmed the place... people from all walks of life(literally!) ... Right from your autorickshaw driver to ur lady-next-doorr(I am told that you have many housewives who are regulars here - for whom betting is a means of livelihood!!)  to money-lenders to Expats to PYTs to Grandpa-Grandmas... All trying their luck with betting! N  if you think they taking a  'Inky-pinky-ponky' chances with their money u couldnt be wronger... Each of them come with pages n pages of analysis on horses-jockeys-trainers to decide who to bet on (Interesting it is!)



People from all walks of life - Now u believe me!!


The research Paper - All info u willl need on Horses-Trainer-Jockeys!



N the interesting part of it all.... Horses dearies horses! Man they are sexy or what.... Its a sight to see them ~~ Well built, shiny, tall, elegant ~~ Imagine a pack of them racing towards the finishing line..... Droool! LOL! Blame ma frnd who is put this idea into ma head!!
Majestic!



Linking this upto Color DeckorsWeekend-Wrapup! At times I wonder if its this which makes me drag ourselves out n make sure the weekend isnt staid n boring!

PS: Later did I understand that 'Scatily-Dressed-Funny-Hats' are indeed a part of these events but well well ma pocket aint loaded enuf to share the podium with them!

3 comments:

  1. interesting post..quite different..nice to know you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! The weekend wrap-up is indeed making ur posts more and more interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my... what a lovely weekend!! I've never been to the races... :-)

    ReplyDelete