Wine N dine @ Mangalore

For huubs n us, food forms a integral part of having "Good Times" be it a weekend or a hol.No vacation is complete for us till we taste the local food from that place! We are a couple who will drive a extra 50 kms if there is a promise of good food :).

On the drive back from Malpe beach to Bangalore, we decided to go into Mangalore city to sample their regional food. Based on the recos in "Outlook Traveler", we zeroed down on "Pereira Hotel" that we were told serves authentic Mangalore Christian Cuisine. The place is literally a "Hole in the wall". It seems a popular haunt thou for the myriad shoppers n students from colleges nearby - The "Value for
Money" should have something to do with it.

We ended up tasting their staples - Sannas, Neer Dosa, Died shrimp chutney, Beef sukha, pork sorpotel, Pork Bafat... Each mouth watering yummm! But what warmed my heart the most is the hospitality they extended - From giving detailed driving directions to ensuring we found a parking spot in the crowded narrow streets, to lining up their regional delicacies (which weren't even on menu) to customizing the tastes to our liking ....

I unfortunately dont have any decent pics with me.. so all you will see here is a slice of Neer Dosa with Sannas! N BTW if you around this area, do check out "Ideal Ice creams" - this place has a legendary following among the locals there!


Linking this to AtoZ - W if for Wine-N-Dine.




8 comments:

  1. Now this is so not fair, Meena. Reading all this I had to go order some good old Bombay ducks for lunch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neer Dosa - the first time I tasted this was at my last visit to Mumbai - very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello fellow foodie :) Wine and dine I live for !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neer dosa is fine...:-) Am a foodie...only veg though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hole in the wall places! They are usually the best places to get wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in Mangalore this January 2013, I enjoyed the Neer dosa for breakfast, and ofcourse I also tasted the ideal ice cream. I was at Kankanady, and picked up a lot of eatables from crasta's bakery - my daughter loved the cakes, biscuits and sweets. I liked the place, and enjoyed the hospitality. Nice to hear from you and thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. W - Wine and Dine... Cheater :0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I love trying out local food too, though my choices are less being a veterinarian.

    ReplyDelete