But what I will share with you today is the recipe for "Kaalan" - a regular item in a Kerala Sadya. This recipe is courtesy Pheno's grandmom
Curd (1-2 cups)
Jeera - 1-2 tbsp
Rice Flour(1 tbsp)
Grated Coconut 1-2 tbsp
- Pressure cook Yam with salt and slightly Mash it
- In the meantime Grind all ingredients under "To Graid" Together.
- Add the ground paste to the mashed yam and cook it together for max of 5 mins
- Once it cools down, Add curd to this. The purpose od adding curd is to adjust the sourness. So ad the amount of curd accordingly
- Mix it well and add the "Tadka"to it
Linking this to AtoZ challenge - M is for Malayalam New Year.....