Hampi - Opulence in Stone

We visited Hampi a good eighteen months ago... But I realize I have hardly captured the place here!

Hampi is located in the northern Karantaka and was once upon a time one of the most prosperous kingdoms of India. But today what you see are the ruins of it! To imagine entire buildings, temples, palaces made out of boulders - leaves u in awe!Its literally stones and boulders all around!.

Indeed Hampi is Opulence crafted in stone....





Queens Bath! Opulent Bathrooms aint it :)

Linking this to AtoZ challenge - O is for Opulence....

8 comments:

  1. this is a place i have been to so many times! we were taken to this place during school trips often :-D beautiful images :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fabulous pictures Meens! I want to visit Bangalore and then you'll take me around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O how I would love to go there...hopefully some day soon. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pictures!

    Beauty Interprets, Expresses, Manifests the Eternal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures of hampi, wow.
    Will have to visit one day but your pictures give a fair idea, opulent indeed

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first picture is remarkable -- it tells a story all by itself

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a place I want to visit as part of my Ram yatra. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful snaps , Meena :) Thanks for taking us on this virtual tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hampi is simply gorgeous isn't it?! Each visit, I have found something new, something beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete