Book Review - Time Traveler’s wife ** Day 2 - Festival Of Words **


This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was
thirty six, and were married when Clare was twenty two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically  resets and he finds himself suddenly pulled into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent or control, Henry and Clare’s a struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.

Above extract is from the blurb of the book “Time Traveler’s wife” – Now honestly the concept of “Time Traveling” seemed more of a sci-fi to me and that’s a genre I am not v fond of. But considering the rave reviews the book received I decided to give it a shot. The initial pages as expected were a drag. But once I got my head around this idea of “Time Travelling” I was sucked into the story plot and what a whirlwind ride it was through and through.              Imagine me going back to a time when I was 5 or maybe going into a day of my life when am 60 – unimaginable!!

A book I enjoyed to a large extent! I will recommend this book simply because this idea is so unworldly that it deserves a shot….. 

"Write Tribe" the amazing write club am a part of  is hosting its first festival of words from 1-7 Sep on the theme "Seven". You could get more details about it here....

Am choosing to write of the seven loves of my life starting Sep 1...

2 comments:

  1. Ah! One of my favourite books. I am also not a sci-fi person, in fact, I am getting drawn to non-fiction more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of "Curious case of Benjamin Button"
    so true loves trespasses all barriers

    you can check out my post here-
    Karan - Brother

    ReplyDelete