Bingo Reading Challenge - An update!

There was no way we could let our blogs just sit and rot, while we blamed everyone but ourselves for not writing. Deciding to put an end to the hiatus on writing, me and Ishithaa have decided to write on every day of November on alternate days. Today if the post is on my page, tomorrow it will be on hers..... 

Here's a update on the Bingo Reading Challenge I signed up for earlier this year....


  1. More than 500 Pages: 
  2. Forgotten Classic: Train to Pakistan by
  3. Became a Movie: Hitch: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1)
  4. Published This Year: Be Careful What You Wish For
  5. Number in the Title:  3, Zakia Mansion
  6. Written By Someone Under 30:  Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  7. Non-Human Characters: Her Fearful Symmetry by
  8. Funny Book:  I've Got Your Number by
  9. Female Author:  The Girl You Left Behind by
  10. Book With Mystery: The Silkworm by
  11. One-Word Title: Chef by
  12. Book of Short Stories:  Shikhandi and Other Stories They Don't Tell You by Devdutt Pattanaik
  13. Free Square: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd 
  14. Set on a Different Continent: Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton 
  15. Book of Non-Fiction:  Bong Mom's Cookbook by
  16. 1st Book by Favorite Author: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  17. Book Heard about Online: The Guardian Angels by
  18. Best-Selling Book: The Cuckoo's Calling by
  19. Based on a True Story: I Am Malala by
  20. Bottom of TBR PIle: Brick Lane by
  21. Book Your Friend Loves:  Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
  22. Book That Scares You: Kafka on the Shore by
  23. Book More Than 10 Years Old: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
  24. 2nd Book in a Series: Tears of the Giraffe  by Alexander McCall Smith
  25. Blue Cover:   The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yōko Ogawa

Ha ha so I have finished all except one :-D Now to catch hold of a book more than 500 pages ... any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. WOW you go girl! Way to rock that Bingo challenge! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Awesome... You go girl! Did you read the Book Thief? I think it has over 500 pages.. Or you could read A Game of Thrones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of books. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really cool and fun bingo card Meena! Never saw one like that before. I especially love that you love The Secret Life of Bees - you inspire me to read that as I wish to write a poem/song about them entitled "Ode to Bees" and I didn't know J.K. Rowling wrote a mystery (another book?!) and that you also love I Am Malala which I haven't read yet, but would love to too. I imagine that that is so inspiring a read! :) Have fun choosing a 500-page book as I'm sure there are many but I cannot think of even one at this time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book more than 500 pages: War and Peace ? ;) Glad to see you reading a lot. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that's just amazing!! You have so may wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete