Family HeirLoom

In this post written a good three years back, I grieved about not having a hand written letter from my father... Here is an excerpt from the post...

Today when my dad is no more, all the memories I have are in my heart and may be a few pics that will speak for themselves. Isn’t it sad that my child will never have a chance of knowing him better especially considering what a beautiful writer my dad was........

But what I do have is this souvenir (this plank was stenciled and laminated by him) in which he had engraved the principle that truly governed his life and was a permanent resident at his office table!  Today it endows my home, at a place where I set my eyes as soon as I wake up in the morning..... My Kitchen window. A good piece of wisdom  to take in as I brew my cup of morning tea rt :)

This souvenir in indeed an inspiration for me... On worst of my days, I take a deep breath and read this aloud - The day suddenly seems more bearable.....


 Linking this to  Day 5 Of WT Fest of words - "An Inspiring Story" .


 This post is also my entry for the ‘My Most Memorable Memento’ contest conducted by My Yatra Diary travel blog and Indian Coupons.". I tag Pixie, Aditi, Ishi to share their most precious souvenir and its story...

15 comments:

  1. It's obvious that you are walking in his footsteps, dear girl! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring.. words to live by, indeed..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... this really is a lovely heartfelt story. I'm sure he was a wonderful man..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this in silence itself is filling me with energy....I can sense how invigorating it will be, if read out aloud so that the voice resonates ! Lovely, Meena :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad is still around us Meena, in you and Manu he continues to live.
    Mwahh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such inspiring words stenciled and laminated by your dad... well, this sure is a memorable memento and for keeps!
    Good luck for the contest, Meena :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Meena :) Hugs...this is indeed the most precious momento!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing - I am sure you miss your dad, and so wonderful to have a legacy like this- then it is like he is right there with you - with his words of inspiration:-) Wonderful blessing to have in your life, and great words of wisdom:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky Meena, and to think this adorns your kitchen wall and becomes some of the first things you see....all the more better..

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tos are some really inspiring words...stay optimistic :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hugs darling!!
    Those are some really strong words!
    Muah! And you are a really strong person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Priceless gift. I am sure your Dad remains alive in your life through the inspiring gift. It means a lot. Trust me:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post.
    Participate in iCynosure's International Blogoversary Giveaway and win cool hampers - http://www.icynosure.in/2014/03/intl-blogoversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Dad is still here... around you, around your family, and around your cure lil niece. :) .... Hugs :*

    ReplyDelete