Why I write....



Honestly, The only writing I really do is on my blog here. Now if you scroll back right up to my first post, you will see it was written within a fortnight of my daddy's death! I was always a daddy's girl - his unexpected death shook me up in more ways than I could even comprehend then!

That fortnight, the house was full of friends and relatives. Though I agree they may mean well,howling my heart out in front of them wasn't really something I was comfortable with. I am one of those who cringes away from sympathies! So all I did was put up a brave facade n wait for the life to move on. But I hadn't even grieved properly n inside I was chipping away. Thus was born this blog - a place for all the emotional outlet!

Somehow writing(even if its on a unrelated topic) has a therapeutic effect on me and thus I began  writing.....


This prompt is in response to WriteTribe prompt "Why I write"

9 comments:

  1. WRITING IS for sure therapeutic. Sorry for ur loss. May writing give u the strength to heal always :)
    good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing began like that for me.. as a therapy. But in the end, my writings looked too negative, so I moved on and began a fresh start. Thus was born a my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss Meena. I can totally understand the feeling. I started blogging when I was at the crossroads of deciding on career or home. My confusions and apprehensions were nicely sorted out and laid out in the open on my first blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing sure has a soothing and a calming effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing a beloved dad is a hard loss to bear as I only know too well. When my dad died 3 year ago, it shattered my world as well. Writing definitely has a therapeutic effect. Your post touched a chord in me. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That calmness is something that helps a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know this, but I do understand your reasons, Meena. Yes, writing is a way to heal ourselves as I'm discovering more and more. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I can completely relate to it somewhere. Loss of a parent often instills such elements in us. I took to writing in a very advanced way after my mother.

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs Meena! So sorry about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you muaybhave gone through. Its good though that writing gave you some solace. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete