Why is my daughter so strong?

Have you watched this inspiring TED talk  by Yousafzai -  Malala's dad -please do!






"Why is my daughter so strong?” Yousafzai asks. “Because I didn’t clip her wings." Indeed a lesson that many a people in this patriarchal society will do good to learn - just let your wife, sibling, daughter, friend be. A simple answer to a question that sadly hounds quite a few gals- ladies even today.

Linking this to WT fest of words day Day 2. The task for the day is "Answer a question".


PS: for those of you who love your books,  I will definitely recommend "I am Malala" the inspiring story of the father- daughter who Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban

11 comments:

  1. Great post ! loved reading, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is truly an amazing kid. Some people are just born to be great. She chose her parents well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post speaks volumes about her. Plan to read the book soon. Malala is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish all fathers learned not to clip wings, as they are wont to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I mentioned Nobel prize for peace for two from countries that are presently fighting each other at the border. Life is strange and good :D

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/10/present/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish all the fathers (and men) are listening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this article yesterday, very inspiring! World needs more of such fathers, really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the book some time back and the most amazing thing was the attitude of both Malala and her father. Yes we need more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessed to have a father like that myself. And I pray that my daughter will say the same one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspirational! How I wish all fathers would not clip their daughters wings!

    ReplyDelete