On The Last Day...


I had woken up with a light heart for I knew it was my last day there! The admission with scholarship at  Ismalia university seemed God-sent opportunity to escape the physical and mental trauma at my in-laws place.

But my hear skipped a beat as I absently leafed through the medical report – a mandate for my admission! The “positive” against the “Pregnant” column was all it took to change my heart… 

Its only today – five years and three children later - I realize that all these “pregnancies” were premeditated by my MIL and husband to stop me from flying away…

This is my entry for "100 words on Saturday" for the prompt "I knew it was my last day there"! I have always wondered how a school acquaintances pregnancy announcement always came on the heels of her wanting to break out from the marriage...

8 comments:

  1. It is the stuff movies are made of, Meena. It is like Fate having the last laugh. Trials :) Nice take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people despite been family just can't understand one's dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly why most MILs are the ones that keep a tab on missing dates. You've brilliantly used the pronpt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice take on the prompt...
    I really wish extended family stop interfering in their kids' lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plans by destiny are more powerful or by humans?
    Nicely told story...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved how you used the prompt and hate that still in some families women's dreams are trampled upon in such a way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the take on the prompt, Meena. Sad that there are so many who have to murder their dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is sad the way fate steps in and dashes the best of dreams. Wonderful take on the prompt! ♥

    ReplyDelete