But here I guess is the clear-cut difference between a female n male species! If a similar book were to be written by a lady (I hope no one ever has to) am sure it would be dripping with emotions having all the readers wet each page with tears rolling down! But but not the dear male species... The prospect of 'death' looms in the book... but its treated almost as yet another facet of life(except in last few pages)... nothing more nothing less..... Instead what we are treated to is a crisp, concise 'lessons learnt' from authors life driven down nicely into our mind n heart!
Here are a few 'pearls of wisdom' tht I thot I would record here for posterity sakes:
- When you see yourself doing something badly and nobody's bothering to tell you anymore, that's a bad place to be. You may not want to hear it, but your critics are often the ones telling you they still love you and care about you, and want to make you better. So v true isnt it?
- The words he tells his wife when they first hear that he just has few more months to live and are awaiting a dreadful scan result - "I just want you to know that it feels gr8 to be alive and to be here today, alive with you. So today right now, well this is a wonderful day. And I want you to know how much I'm enjoying it"
- Remember the phase in your life when you thot you were THE ONE! When you thot the world revolved around you - well ask the people around you and you'd be surprised that the terms used to describe you would range from "Arrogant", "Proud", "Jerk", "Egoistic"!
- The art of saying "Thank You", "Sorry"
- Parents! How many of were bought up in homes where they thot that clothes, TV were things a child could do without while growing up(my mom did!) n books(my daddy) n dreams are much more important investments! Yea yea Even I did grudge them for it... But well the book made me re-think... they were possibly not that very wrong either!
N b4 I end ma review, here is a heartfelt hug to the writer's wife n children!
B4 signing offf... Plz plz plz plz wish me luck... I need loads of it both at personal n work front! Pleeeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(